Pinocchio is a wooden puppet who longs to be a real kid. Pinocchio leaves Papa Gepp’s workshop and causes havoc everywhere!. On Pinocchio’s journey, they meets a cast of colorful characters like a sneaky fox, a crafty cat, and a giant fish! With the help of Lady Blue, a wise cricket, and you, will Pinocchio make smart decisions and become a real kid?
Directed and Choreographed by Stephanie Klemons this new dance/drama, adapted by Barbara Zinn Krieger based on the original story by Carlo Collodi, will bring Collodi’s classic tales to life with a fun and modern twist using dance, puppets, original music, and narration.
Pinocchio celebrates and explores family, learning, courage, transformation, and the power of imagination.
Playing live at Theatre Row
410 West 42nd Street, NYC 10036 – Get Directions
What Grownups Need to Know
- Pinocchio is a 50-minute dance/drama best for ages 4-8.
- Lady Blue narrates the story and interacts with the audience throughout the show. Stickers will be available to help cue actors to what level of participation your young theatergoer is comfortable with.
- Members of the cast will wear masks on stage throughout the piece.
- Members of the cast may walk through the aisles during the show.
- Tickets are required for all guests. Guests under the age of 2 may purchase a lap seat for $5 (cash only) from the box office on the performance day.
- Pinocchio is performed in Theatre 5 at Theatre Row. Theatre 5 is on the lower level of the Theatre Row complex and is accessible by stairs and an elevator.
- NYCCT is proud to offer sensory friendly performances of Pinocchio on Sunday, April 7th at 2:30pm and Saturday, April 13th at 11am.
- Sensory friendly performances are designed to create a welcoming environment for all families with children on the autism spectrum and related conditions. Some changes to the performance include the house lights staying on at a low level, lowering the sound levels, and acknowledging that audience members might verbalize throughout the performance.