You’ve been invited to Clara-Marie’s holiday party! Join Clara-Marie and the Prince as they travel to a magical kingdom filled with delicious treats, dancing flowers, and a pesky mouse king in this interactive holiday classic reimagined for your youngest theatergoers!
Adapted for young audiences by Barbara Zinn Krieger and choreographed by Melissa Riker, NYCCT’s hit dance theater production returns to Theatre Row this holiday season!
My First Nutcracker celebrates and explores imagination, family, tradition, and female empowerment.
– What Grownups Need to Know Before Purchasing Tickets –
- My First Nutcracker is a 50-minute dance-theater piece best for ages 3-8.
- Clara Marie, The Mouse King, and other characters walk through the audience in the aisles during the show.
- Audience members will be invited to dance with the performers during the show.
- Tickets are required for all guests. Guests under the age of 2 may purchase a lap seat for $5 (cash only) from the box office on the performance day.
- My First Nutcracker is performed in Theatre 3 at Theatre Row. Theatre 3 is on the upper level of the Theatre Row complex and is accessible by stairs and an elevator. Stroller parking is available.
- The performances on Sunday, December 11th at 2pm and Saturday, December 17th at 11am are sensory friendly performances.
- Sensory friendly performances are designed to create a welcoming environment for all families with children on the autism spectrum and related conditions. Some changes to the performance include the house lights staying on at a low level, lowering the sound levels, and acknowledging that audience members might verbalize throughout the performance
– COVID-19 Safety Measures –
The health and safety of our audience members, cast, and crew are our top priority as we head back to the theater. Currently:
- All guests 2 and older must wear a mask at all times.
Please visit Theatre Row’s COVID-19 Information page for the most up to date information.