Draw the Emotions!
Everyone on earth feels emotions! Draw faces for the circles on our activity sheet that match the emotion beneath it.
Breathing Makes It Better
As we’re exploring mental health and emotions this month, we’re also exploring different ways to help calm some of the emotions we may feel! With each activity, we’ll share a breathing technique for you and your family to try!
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed, or in your chair with feet flat on the floor, and your back straight.
- Put the palms of your hands together at the center of your chest.
- Close your eyes and begin by taking three big sun breaths.
- Here’s how: When you breathe in deeply, raise your arms above your head in the shape of a big round sun.
- Then breathe out and bring your arms back down so that your palms are together at the center of your chest.
- Do this at least three times. The sun breath allows you to become centered and focused on your breath.
The sun breath is from Health Powered Kids. Visit their website for a series of 60+ lessons on nutrition, physical fitness and mind-body balance for youth, ages 3 to 14 years.
Creative Clubhouse Stories
Join us for an interactive, virtual storytime class that uses children’s literature to explore diverse narratives through theater, music and movement! This month, we’re exploring emotions in our Feeling Feelings series.With a special focus on anger, frustration, anxiety, disappointment, and loss, Miss Caitlyn will use theater to explore these feelings and how we can process them through play.