NYCCT is excited to welcome families back to the theater this spring for Dory Fantasmagory and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. The safety of our audience members, cast, and staff are our top priority as we head back to the theater. Please review the COVID-19 guidelines below that will ensure all families who enjoy an NYCCT production will do so in a safe environment.
NYCCT’s guidelines are informed by the current CDC and city guidance, as well as Theatre Row’s policies. Please check back here before your performance for the most up to date information. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].
All guests ages 12 and older must present proof of FDA or WHO authorized full vaccination to enter the building. Proof of vaccine may include the original physical copy or a clear, unobstructed photo of the CDC vaccine card; Excelsior Pass Plus; NYC Covid Safe App; or valid international proof of vaccination. All proof of vaccination must be accompanied by a valid photo ID. Please note, we do not accept Excelsior Pass, only Excelsior Pass Plus. “Fully Vaccinated” means the performance date you are attending must be:
- At least 14 days after your second dose of an FDA or WHO authorized two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- At least 14 days after your single dose of an FDA or WHO authorized single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
The only exception to the above will be for guests under the age of 12. Guests under 12 must provide proof of one of the following COVID-19 tests:
- negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance, or
- negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance.
Guests under 12 may present proof of a negative test on paper or mobile device.
- All guests 2 and older must wear a mask at all times. Eating and drinking in the theatre will not be permitted in the theater or the lobby outside of the theater. Theatre Row may allow eating and drinking in other areas, including the lounge, if it is open during your performance time.
- NYCCT will have free paper masks available at the theater.
- NYCCT staff will ask that you maintain at least a 3 foot distance from other families at the theater when not seated in the theater.
- Contactless purchasing options will be available when purchasing merchandise after the performance.
- Pre-show activities will be modified to create a safe environment for our audiences.
- Meet and Greets after the performance will not occur. The cast may come out and wave to the audience from the stage, but pictures with the cast will not be taken.
- EPA approved cleaning products are used along with rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocols.
Please do not come to the theater if you or a member of your family have a fever or are feeling ill. To reschedule your performance, please email [email protected].